How Long Can BOTOX® Results Last After Treatment?
BOTOX is a convenient way to reduce wrinkles and other common signs of aging. Though wrinkle relaxers are known to last anywhere from 3 – 4 months, this timeline varies based on factors such as age and dosage. Board-certified registered nurse anesthetist Jeanine Christian-La Touche can provide more information about the longevity of BOTOX during a skin assessment in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Now, anyone can achieve a refreshed appearance and smoother-looking skin through BOTOX injections! Call now to book a consultation at La Touche Élite Aesthetics and see why so many people choose us for their anti-aging procedures. Our team works closely with patients to ensure the best possible outcomes.
What is BOTOX?
Wrinkles appear as a result of the repeated muscle contractions that take place when making facial expressions like smiling or frowning. The more active the muscles, the more pronounced these lines become. When BOTOX is administered to specific facial muscles, it temporarily blocks the nerve signals and prevents muscle contractions. This smoothes out the overlying skin and makes our features appear more youthful.
BOTOX is commonly used to target forehead lines, creases around the eyes (called Crow's feet), and smile wrinkles above and around the lips. Those who undergo wrinkle relaxers usually see results within the first 24 – 72 hours.
Why do BOTOX results vary among patients?
BOTOX injections last up to four months at a time, but results vary based on a number of factors. Here's what to consider before undergoing this popular treatment at La Touche Élite Aesthetics in Myrtle Beach, SC:
- Age: Younger skin is generally more elastic and responsive than older skin. As such, younger patients tend to experience longer outcomes.
- Dosage: The amount of BOTOX used also impacts your results. Our trained staff can tailor the dosage according to your unique needs.
- Metabolism: Some people simply have a faster metabolism than others, meaning their body breaks down substances like BOTOX faster.
- Post-treatment care: We recommend following all recovery instructions to prevent complications and make the most of your wrinkle relaxers.
What are your tips for getting longer-lasting results?
Nurse anesthetist Jeanine Christian-La Touche wants each patient to enjoy the full benefits of their anti-aging treatments. Here are some simple tips for maximizing your BOTOX results:
- Protect your skin: Prolonged sun exposure accelerates natural aging and diminishes the effectiveness of BOTOX. Protect yourself with broad-spectrum sunscreen when spending time outdoors.
- Stay hydrated: Proper hydration helps the body in so many ways. Drinking plenty of water ensures that your skin stays smooth and supple.
- Eat a balanced diet: Meals with lean proteins, fresh fruits and veggies, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates can slow down the aging process.
Remember to book your follow-up appointments
Touch-ups are a necessary part of maintaining virtually wrinkle-free skin long-term. This is why we generally recommend follow-up BOTOX injections four months after your first appointment. Our team can help determine the best schedule for touch-ups based on your needs.
Learn the anti-aging benefits of BOTOX
Wrinkle relaxers are a fast and easy way to achieve a more refreshed look. To learn more about BOTOX treatments at La Touche Élite Aesthetics in Myrtle Beach, SC, contact our team and schedule a consultation with board-certified registered nurse anesthetist Jeanine Christian-La Touche. We have the experience and expertise needed to help you reach your aesthetic goals.